Functional electroplating enables metal coatings and is used for protection againt corrosion and wear, for protection againt external influences and to improve the electrical conductivity.
The chrome (VI)-free passivation of aluminum is an approved and common practice in many parts of the industry. It is preferred in the electronics industry on account of the low surface resistance and in the aerospace industry because of the high corrosion protection. The method most widely used is colorless passivation, also as a bonding agent for the powder coating and painting that follow. Its properties include low abrasion resistance, the benefits of low coating thickness in combination with homogeneous surface optics with optimum finish quality, electrical conductivity and solderability.
Chromate conversioin plant for rack plating
- Number of bath rows: 2
- Number of stations / baths: 32
- Control system: fully automatic program control, individual control if required
- Coating material: Surtec 650
- Parts carriers' usable dimensions in direction of motions (dimensions can vary depending on rack and mounting) length: max. 450 mm / width: max. 1250 mm / height: max. 1000 mm
- Approvals / Surtec 650 specifications
– IMDS. No.: 30429267
– MIL - DTL - 81706B
– MIL - DTL - 5541F
– LN9368-3 No. 1108
Further technology services
- Electroplating (chrome plating, galvanizing, nickel plating)
- KTL coating